Community Support Activities
STN was set up to serve the community and we take the responsibility to help disadvantaged people in the local communities.
We offer various community services
What helps and support you can get from us?
We can help with:
- 1:1 or group English Conversation sessions
- Counseling and advocacy
- English Conversation clubs
- Advice and guidance on employment, training, health, and wellbeing
- Computer and Digital Skills
- Confidence building sessions
- Interpreting and translating
- Health issues and 1:1 Support session
- Housing benefit/ income support/ tax credit
- Managing finance.
- Using the local community facilities i.e library
- Available Government services
- Civil rights and welfare entitlement
- Any other bespoke services tailored to meet different individual needs
Who we support?
Our trustees, staff, and volunteers come from the local community.
Our beneficiaries enjoy the friendly, multicultural, and professional environment
Language and type of provision:
English, Arabic, French, Urdu, Turkish, and other community languages.
We offer Community Services in the form of
Outreach- Advocacy – IAG- Mediation- Peer Mentoring and Befriending
-Ways to reach out:
We offer community services through home visits, drop-in services, day centers with guest speakers, over the telephone, STN social media group, STN What’s App groups, by email, via leaflet/ newsletter, mail outs, and signposting.