Home Based Childminding L3
TQUK or City and Guilds are leading national Awarding Organisations, regulated by Ofqual
Upon completing the unit CYPOP 5 which is one optional Unit of a Level 3 qualification and carries 4 credits. You will achieve Level 3 Certificate (CYPOP5) Understand How To Set Up a Home Based Childcare Service.
Home-based Childcare is an introductory course for new and prospective childminders. This course aims to prepare learners to work as home-based child carers / childminders. As well as learning relevant aspects of childcare, this knowledge-based unit supports the development of policies and procedures are important to registration and the basic business skills to set up a home-based childcare service.
The course will provide you with the tools that to care for young people in a very important stage of life and run your own care business from home. The course covers all of the main requirements as set out by Ofsted and also covers knowledge needed to run a home childcare setting. Also, you must undertake a first aid qualification, as this is a legal requirement. In addition, you will need to register with Ofsted, who will conduct a simple home visit if you plan on offering childcare facilities in your home. Once you have completed your first aid training and registration, you will be qualified to work.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who is seeking work in homebased childcare, and wants to add value to your CV and help yourself stand out from the crowd with this online training.
- Registered home-based child carers
- Childminding assistants
- Au pairs
- Other child carers in a home-based settings
Module 1: The key features of child development and developmental needs of children 0-8 years
- Stages of growth and development
- Factors which affect growth and development
- Supporting children with special educational needs
- Key transitions in a child’s life
Module 2: Providing for children’s physical needs
- Nutrients and Additives
- Dietary Differences
- Meeting children’s rest and sleep needs
- Hygiene in the child care setting
- Common childhood illnesses
- Recording accidents and emergencies
Module 3: Learning through play for child development
- Using topics and themes
- Exploring the senses
- The seven “C’s” and spice
- The importance of planning
- Observing and assessing children
- The Early Years Foundation Stage
Module 4: Stages of behaviour in children
- Reasons for misbehaviour
- How children learn about behaviour
- Expected stages of behaviour
- Encouraging appropriate behaviour
Module 5: Equality, diversity and child protection issues
- Diversity within the child care setting
Module 6: The legal responsibilities of the childminder
Registering as a childminder
- OFSTED – The aims of the registration system
- The grading system
- Regulations and legislation
- Understanding the legal requirements of registration
- Your responsibilities to parents
- Your responsibilities to children
- The importance of policies
Module 7: How to promote positive working relationships
- Promoting positive working relationships
- Types of family structure
- Types of parents
- Working with parents
- Communication between practitioners, parents and school
- Accessing childcare services
- Support for Childminders
- How to protect yourself and your family from allegations
- Common Assessment Framework
- Local Safeguarding Children Boards
- Safeguarding Children and Child Protection
- Model of need
- Children and Family Court Advisory Support Service (CAFCASS)
- Emergency Protection Orders
- Social Policy and Social Exclusion
- Child Abuse
Unit 8 Child Protection Issues and Abuse
- Child Protection Timeline
- The Children Act 1989
- The protection of Children Act 1999
- The Children Act 2004
- Every Child Matters
- Childcare Act 2006
- United Nations Convention in the Rights of the Child 1989
- Further Legislation
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
This course is part time, blended classroom and distance learning. You will be assigned a qualified childcare tutor and assessor to provide one to one support and tutorial.
The Childminding course is assessed by a series of activity, exercise and assignment questions, all which require submission to your allocated tutor for marking and feedback.
Our Child-minding course does not have any set requirements. This course is available to all students from all academic backgrounds and a keen interest in the area, we welcome your application. This course is extremely accessible, and we supply a study guide to each student. Your personal tutor will also be on hand to assist you.
Guided learning Hours
GLH for this qualification is 56 for full duration
Every candidate matters, we care about our learners and we assign a personal, qualified tutor/assessor to every candidate to give you a full support and guidance, face to face meeting, respond to all questions you may have, mark your assignments, give you constructive feedback to enable you to monitor /measure your own progress, get ready for your examination and pass your qualification successfully. Upon enrolment you will have access to many learning materials such as videos, presentations, hand-outs, lessons, learning resources, assignments electronic and workbooks. We are dedicated to respond to all your queries in a very short of time. We assure you that we provide a high rate customer services and quality learning experience.
What Happens Next?
As soon as you enrolled, you will be sent instructions on how to log in; username, password and access code with LMS (Learner management System Accessible 24/7, 365 days a year). within two to three days. You will be provided with written learning materials you require to study this course at home, comprehensive study guide which will help you through the study and assessment process. materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time, giving you the ability to study at times that suit yourself.
This qualification is designed for candidates who are looking for a career within the childcare education sector, focusing on supporting children’s learning and development. Upon completion of the course will be able to continue as a senior nursery worker, Supervisor in nursery, infant or junior schools, special schools, primary/secondary schools or independent schools and progress to a supervisory role.
This qualification can help you succeed in a wide range of roles, such as:
- senior nursey assistants
- Room leader
- Senior Children Centre worker
- Additional needs worker
- Learning support assistants
- Pastoral/welfare support assistants
- Special Educational Needs Assistant
- Bilingual support assistants
- Foundation stage assistants;
- Learning coaches; or induction mentors
If you are unable to make the full payment, we can help you to start your course by offering a flexible payment plan by spreading the payment up to 12 months to enable to progress with your career and we don’t require credit checks. There is a small fee to pay if you require further extension. Call us for more information.
We offer free and impartial career advice to guide you on which course you can study. We are happy to help and assist you, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Call us now: 02088870155