Level 3 TQUK Level Award in Education and Training (formerly PITLLS)
Awarding body: Training Qualifications UK Regulated by Ofqual
Certificate Achieved: Upon completion of this level 3 course, you will gain a recognised Ofqual and qualification as a teacher or trainer (this certificate replaced PTILLs in 2014). This will give you access to more career opportunities with the lifelong learning sector.
Guided learning Hours: GLH for this qualification is 48 hours and 3 months for full duration
Who is this course for
want to work or have just started working as a teacher or trainer.
wish to teach in the Further Education and Skills Sector and forms a foundation for those with little or no previous experience of teaching or training. are not yet in a teaching role (pre-service)
are in a teaching role, or who have just started a teaching role (in-service)
want a short qualification
have the potential to study at this level, which has the same level of demand as that of study for
want a qualification without a minimum teaching practice requirement
may have already achieved some Learning and Development units that can be brought forward
into this teaching qualification (known as QCF equivalents).
want a short course to develop their knowledge and skills.
1-Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training (3 credits)
2-Understanding and using inclusive learning and teaching approaches in education and training (6 credit)
3- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment (3 credits)
- Minimum Age 19 and more
- Learners should have a minimum of a level two in English and Maths or equivalent.
- This qualification is for those already working as a Teacher or for trainers that have completed some prior training or have not done any previous training and wish to enhance their careers further.
- This is a work-based course that requires learners to under a Micro teach session where they will observed by their assessor
- There may be a requirement, by their employer, for learners to be checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- They should also have attention to detail and be willing to work in a team environment, whilst also being willing to work using their own initiative when required.
- Assessing (Become an assessor for vocational qualification.
Successful learners can progress to other teaching, training, assessment and internal quality assurance qualifications such as:
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance Of Assessment
Processes and Practice