We want everyone who visits the Skills and Training Network’s website and uses our platform to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
To help us ensure a positive experience for everyone, we’ve been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user-friendly for everyone.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA, and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for the Skills and Training Network’s website and platform.
How are we doing?
The Skills and Training Network’s website (siteimprove.com) is considered to be WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliant.
All new product features released on the Skills and Training Network’s platform are built to be WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliant. A series of older features still require improvements to bring them up to the standard. Currently, the majority of all functionality is accessible, and we are actively working towards compliance for our entire product suite. For an updated overview of what we are working on improving, please refer to our Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT).
What are we doing?
At Skills and Training Network’s we are committed to ensuring a good experience for all users, and we have taken several measures to achieve this:
- We have established a central team responsible for driving accessibility efforts
- We have included our accessibility commitment in our internal employee policies
- We offer accessibility training to all employees
- We have developed an internal design system of reusable components that have been holistically tested for accessibility
- We use our own accessibility checks for automated testing of everything we build
- We have accessibility professionals conduct Adhoc manual audits
- We give out a monthly Accessibility Award to internal teams that have made a special effort to ensure our products are inclusive – this improves our own culture around building accessible products
We would love your feedback
If you enjoyed using the Skills and Training Network’s website or our products — or if you had trouble with any part of it — please let us know. While we’re working hard to achieve our goal of Level AA accessibility, we realize there are always opportunities to improve. You can contact us in any of the following ways to discuss:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get in touch with us via our Contact us page
The Skills and Training Network’s Accessibility Pledge
We champion global inclusion by empowering people to do more through digital accessibility, which is at the heart of our company.
We are committed to ensuring that digital solutions and content developed, or acquired, by Skills and Training Network’s meets a high level of accessibility. This means either conformance with level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 or ensuring that the solutions are effective, efficient, engaging, error-tolerant and easy to learn for users of all abilities.
We pledge that should a conflict arise between release deadlines, aesthetics and the production of accessible solutions and content that accessibility will remain a priority.