There are more than 11 million young people in the UK, they makeup over a fifth of the population and represent Britain’s future. Each young person has needs and ambitions to achieve.
Skills and Training network is passionate to support and reach the most disadvantaged hard to reach young people in our local community from diverse BAMER backgrounds and empower them to overcome barriers and enable them to access opportunities to achieve their dreams and thrive.
We focus our provision to help disaffected and disengaged young adults aged between 14- and 25-years old people including care leavers and their families who face complex barriers such as social isolation, digital exclusion, domestic abuse, gang affiliated, low academic attainment, people with mental ill-health or anyone who needs additional support.
Our qualified and professional trainers, coaches and mentors are passionate to help young people to develop their work and life skills to build bright futures by providing relevant resources, bespoke services and training.
We believe it’s time for a change.
STN is a Friendly Youth Employer.
We currently offer Kickstart Scheme, call us to find out more.
We believe apprenticeships and vocational qualifications are prestigious career routes for all young people.
We ensure all young people are equipped to thrive and empowered to contribute at every stage of their lives.
We offer career advice services sessions to enable young people to choose career direction by giving them unique access to high-achieving young role models and helping them believe that one day this could be them.
We strive to support and facilitate both young people and parents as well as the wider community in a variety of different ways and to bring about positive change in their lives and to make a difference. STN’s is there to offer support every step of the way.
We offer the following
- A tailored package of support to meet different individual needs
•Various training program and services and delivers high-quality outcomes
• Play and social activities for children and young people
• Practical and emotional support so that young people can enter adulthood with the confidence they need to achieve their full potential.
• Practical tools to support young people through education, transition into employment and beyond in a process of lifelong learning.
• Skills and training courses including functional skills and vocational training
• Personal social development programs
• Signposting to expert organisations and relevant support services
• Confidence building programs
• Online Life Skills Workshop.
• As well as providing specific qualifications, employability skills, and career advice and guidance
• Kick start Scheme
• Internship and Traineeship programmes prepares young people aged 16–24 for employment, further training or an apprenticeship through training, coaching and work experience.
• Counselling and advocacy
• Peer mentoring
• Information on a range of topics including mental health, finances, health and wellbeing and others
• Enrichment activities
• Help in finding suitable apprenticeships opportunity.
• Careers Advice Services to support young people with employability skills and careers information tools to fulfil their potential
• Work placement and volunteering
• CV clinics
• job search, job interview preparation, fill in application forms
• activities to increase confidence
• Career’s inspiration
• Connecting young people to Youth Friendly Employers
• Give young people a voice on the youth employment issues that affect them
• Group sessions to develop skills needed in the workplace
- Networking meeting for young people to discuss issues and propose activities that relate to them.