Do you want to turn your life around? Are you looking to further your education, train in a different field or enhance your position with your current employer? Sometimes it’s difficult to know what steps to take in order to advance your career.
Skills and Training Network (STN) will evaluate your position, suggest options and priorities, and design a programme to get you moving forward. Our qualified careers advisors will help you determine what type and level of support you need to realise your goals.
We provide FREE information, advice and guidance (IAG) to all students on every course.
Employability Skills Workshops
During these sessions you will learn:
- Writing a Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Effective Job Searching Skills
- Self Motivation Techniques
- Completing Application Forms
- Preparing for Job Interviews
- Interview techniques
- Working in a team
- Assertiveness and Effective Speaking
- Managing Finance
- Rights and Responsibilities in the work place
Business Plan Support Workshop. One of our most popular modules covers self empoyment.
- Setting up your company, charity or self-employment project
- IPR, legal structures, company registration
- Business name and status – sole trader/ limited company/ partnerships etc.
- Mentoring – personal and commercial Information-Advice-Guidance
- Business planning and financial management
- Identifying and maximising your product or service
STN provides advocacy and ‘gap-bridging’ support on a day-to-day basis. We have a drop-in day centre that provides professional advice and information covering benefits, housing, health, education and training. The centre will organise ongoing events, study and training programs, youth support and translation services.