Are you looking to further your education, train in a different field or enhance your position with your current employer?
Skills and Training Network (STN) will evaluate your career status, suggest and prioritise options and design a program aimed at moving you forward.
Our qualified careers advisors will help you to determine what type and level of support you need to realise your goals.
By improving your CV writing and interview skills STN can help you obtain qualifications, find work experience or start your new career.
We will conduct a 30 minute initial assessment to help you discover your work prospects, identify your career path and provide information and advice that will help get your career and education on track.
We provide FREE information, advice and guidance (IAG) to all students on every course.
We give IAG on the following:
- your individual learning needs
- career options
- how to find a job
- new skills training
- personal development
- alternative education options
- starting a business
You are guaranteed an interview providing personalised career information, advice and guidance with advanced employment and learning prospects.
STN can help you:
- Create an impressive, professional winning CV
- Prepare for job interviews – practice and expert tips in a mock interview
- Develop self-motivational techniques
- Complete job application forms
- Become aware of your rights and responsibilities in the work place
- Create a Universal Job Match account
One-to-One mentoring is a key element of the Skills and Training Network customer support code. Our professional consultants provide expert advice on identifying your personal goals and business objectives.
We offer employees help with:
- motivation, confidence-building, increased self-awareness and forward vision
- one-to-one support to complete and review action plans until employment-ready
- looking for work, gaining employment or undertaking further training
on-going support once employment has been secured – to help with budgeting, childcare, etc.
We offer employers help with:
- Setting up your company, charity or self-employment project
- IPR, legal structures, company registration
Business name and status – sole trader/ limited company/ partnerships etc.
- Mentoring – personal and commercial Information-Advice-Guidance
- Business planning and financial management
- Identifying and maximising your product or service
We offer self employment starters help with:
- social media marketing
- marketing and advertising in soft and hard copy
- understanding taxation – the official HMRC presentation
- raising finance
- networking for success