Staff at Skills &Training Network are fully committed to providing services in a safe, healthy and friendly environment for all clients and employees. STN is a dedicated ‘people’ company. Everything we do is driven by relationships and our desire to help change lives for the better.
Our principle aims are to:
- present classes in the English Language; encourage the learning of English and other European languages.
- create a hub in the local community as a one-stop shop providing comprehensive training to help every customer in every way.
- apply innovative teaching methods while striving to continually improve our service.
- provide a safe, healthy and friendly learning environment for our clients and employees, based on equality, respect and understanding of different cultures in a diverse community.
- welcome anyone who is willing to learn and is keen to achieve their full potential regardless of social, economic or personal circumstances. We provide training to cater for every learner while resources permit.
- listen to and respect the views of our learners and promote increasing involvement and participation in all our programmes.
- strengthen our commitment to equality, inclusivity and wider learning for all; to serve a diverse and culturally rich local community and ensure that these values are embedded in everything we do.
We have strong relationships with local employers and charity organisations, care agencies and others. We provide training programmes to enable participants to acquire useful skills and gain sustainable employment.
STN strongly believe in community wellbeing. We have ongoing relationships with local employers, charity organisations and care agencies; while interacting with other service providers and community groups.
We use these contacts to foster links between the communities we work with, believing this encourages cross-cultural unity.
Enjoying While Achieving
Learners receive constant tutorial support. They will know their points of progress and what they need to do next. Feedback and target-setting with minimum and aspirational aims are used to motivate learners. Attendance, punctuality and all aspects of employability feature in the tutorial tracking process. Classes are taught in groups and students will create a personal portfolio during their course. Successful completion of the program will be partially based on assessment of the portfolio.
STN guarantee that every individual on the training programs is safe and protected from all forms of harm.
In order to honour this commitment SNT ensures that:
- All our staff are fully trained in safeguarding customers including young people and vulnerable adults
- All visitors and staff from other organisations are appropriately monitored during visits to STN premises
- All employers and work placement providers offer a safe working environment to our clients.