Welcome to Skills and Training Network
STN is T/A of Skills and Training Network. STN is a not-for-profit grassroots and social enterprise organization to transform people’s lives through empowerment, education, employment and enterprise to make the learning experience more convenient.
We are a dedicated ‘people’s’ organization. Everything we do is driven by relationships, and our desire to ‘make things better.’
STN promotes inclusivity and equal opportunity in everything we do at all times.
All face to face jobs have been suspended for now, but we are running various services and training workshops as follows:
- Telephone support resumes, and meetings are now held over Zoom, FaceTime or Skype.
- Referrals to other services as appropriate.
- Virtual workshops weekly ESOL and Employability sessions and drop-ins delivered through Zoom and various apps.
- We offer information and support around welfare benefits, budgeting and other finance matters, including help to access banks, etc.
- Regular weekly drop-ins for support with correspondence, and a chance to make friends in a safe environment
- Support in meetings with other professionals including social services, schools, colleges, medical professionals, etc.
- Support to access other community services and leisure activities
- Regular workshops on daily living skills, keeping safe and healthy lifestyles, preparing for employment, and others.
Click here to find out more.
Stay at home
- Only go outside for grocery shopping, health, or work reasons (Only if you cannot work remotely).
- If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times.
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home.
Meeting friends or family is not recommended.
The virus can still be spread, even if you don’t have the symptoms.
STN will be carrying on supporting and serving local communities in this unprecedented time.
We will be providing employability support, career advice on benefits, learning the language; these sessions are for free and it will be run on 1:1 basis;
Via phone calls, video chat, emails, social media, whatsapp groups and other methods of contact.
Our advisors and trainers will be suing Zoom or Canvas to continue supporting your courses.
Stay safe and take care.
If you are a vulnerable person and needs support with shopping delivery or collecting medicine, you will need to contact the local charity organisations, or the council. Please get in touch with us and we will be happy to provide the support and work with other organisations that will be able to help you.
Useful links for the support you may need:
Click here to view them.
Request an Information, Advice or Guidance session to help you choose the right course on matching your career inspirations.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and we will send you a copy of our informative guide titled – The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention.
Student of SNT #1
“I am very thankful to the tutor and the assessor who helped me to pass my course and gain my certification.”
Student of SNT #2
“STN teams are professional, passionate, committed, friendly and welcoming staff.”
Student of SNT #3
“Tutor has been supportive, encouraging and understanding.”
Student of SNT #4
“Happy with the flexibility of the course. An excellent guide to self-learning. I thoroughly enjoying my course.”
Student of SNT #5
“STN provides very good services and to be wonderful in all aspects.”
Student of SNT #6
“The course is very well designed! The course contents, videos and material are good, clear and easy to read and understand.”
Student of SNT #7
“I was hesitant about joining courses again after a long time I didn’t study, but I decided to join the employment training program and thankfully, I received support from STN staff and they were very patient and encouraging.”
Student of SNT #8
“The feedback on assignments were very quick, it provided lots of constructive and clear feedback, and guidance throughout the course was amazing.”
Student of SNT #9
“The course exceeded my expectations significantly.”
Student of SNT #10
“I found the course is one of the best learning experiences as I have found myself constantly eager to study despite the fact that I don’t enjoy reading.”
Follow our social media page.